Data Service developers work directly with our customers to conduct customer data cleansing and data migration, build and test new interfaces, and troubleshoot issues with existing interfaces. Developers have SQL, .xml and PowerShell development skills, plus data modeling and Vocational Rehabilitation data expertise.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- Experience in software development in a business environment;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent years of experience;
- Excellent written and verbal communication, as well as analytical problem-solving skills;
- Experience with SQL, ASP.NET and Visual Studio;
- Experience with web development and web applications;
- Experience with complex relational database structures and web applications;
- Willingness to learn and take on new challenges; self-directed and highly motivated;
- Ability to follow protocols to protect sensitive customer data in a compliance-oriented environment.
Highly Desired Skills and Expertise:
- Experience with MS SQL Server 2014 – 2019, including SQL Management Studio, stored procedures, user-defined functions, and views;
- Experience with data mapping and large data migration/conversion projects;
- Experience working with servers in a virtualized environment, Azure experience a plus.
- Responds promptly and professionally to customer inquiries.
- Tracks implementation project activities and ensures proper case documentation of customer problems or issues, with great attention to detail.
- Diagnoses and resolves complex customer questions or problems over the phone, via webinars and in person in the areas of data migration and interface development and maintenance.
- Escalates extremely complex customer or product issues to the proper department or subject matter expert and tracks the issues and related case documentation through to resolution.
- Continuously communicates the status of open issues to team management.
- Informs management and/or the product development team of ongoing or recurring product or supporting tool problems.
- Stays abreast of our products’ evolution, new products, and emerging technologies through continuous cycles of training, review, and inquiry.
- Maintains knowledge of key federal regulations and reporting policy directives.
- Ability to troubleshoot interface and data migration issues using SQL and 3rd party tools.
- Tests interfaces and new versions of Data Services tools to ensure continued compatibility/interoperability.
- Participant in code reviews and demonstrate completed work to your manager or peers.
- Contributes to team, department and company objectives.