Alliance Enterprises, Inc. is looking for an enthusiastic software tester for our Aware Solutions Engineering team. As part of a cross-functional scrum team, you will work closely with Business Systems Analysts, Software Developers and Software Testers to test enhancements and corrections to the Aware web applications and supporting tools. You'll find opportunities to participate in multiple phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, learn new skills and technologies, and contribute to department goals and objectives.
Required Skills and Expertise
- 3+ years of experience testing web applications in a business environment, QA testing methodologies, and writing test plans
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication, writing and analytical problem-solving skills
- Curious, inquisitive, and detail-oriented
- Willingness to learn and take on new challenges; self-directed and highly motivated
- Experience mentoring new or less experienced testers
- Experience acting as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in various domains
Highly Desired Skills and Expertise
- Experience in automation testing
- Understanding of Transact SQL, SQL Server, .NET Framework, HTML and XML
- Working knowledge of Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Bachelor's degree
- Test enhancements & corrections in two week sprints, including writing test plans
- Work with team members and customers to ensure that requirements are well understood and capture the customers' expectations
- Execute manual, exploratory and functional tests
- Assist with department objectives
- Review test plans for new or less experienced testers
- Interface with team members and other departments as a SME in various domains
Alliance Enterprises, founded in 1981, has a history of providing leaders and innovators technology based solutions. Alliance specializes in creating powerful applications used by thousands of individuals around the world. Today, Alliance provides two distinct offerings to customers, Aware and Summit business lines.
Alliance dominates the Vocational Rehabilitation market as the #1 provider of case management, analytics and Cloud Services for State Agencies and Tribal Nations in the United States. Alliance's Aware Solutions are used nationwide, serving over 10,000 VR professionals.
Summit products are designed to empower teams to achieve strategic business goals through completion of tactical objectives. The Summit products integrate technology and best practices to improve the quality of management. Each software solution focuses on challenging organizations to engage in friendly competition, creating a culture of accountability and recognized results.
Alliance is committed to investing in our company, creating a dedicated workforce and inspiring smart creatives.