Cloud Operations Engineer
Cloud Operations Engineers are the day to day interface between Alliance and our hosted customers. Cloud Operations Engineers manage the health of the customer information system environments and address customer requests and inquiries.
- Perform application deployments to hosted customer environments.
- Manage the health and security of customer hosted environments including evaluation of monitoring tools.
- Provide assistance to customers for escalated cases from the Customer Support team.
- Diagnose and resolve complex customer environment issues related to environment security, data backups, and functionality.
- Continuously communicate status of open issues to customers, building customer confidence in Alliance's managed services.
- Manage the application and renewal of Domain Name System (DNS) certificates for customer environments.
- Perform customer environment maintenance including software patches, operating system updates, and security enhancements.
- Produce internal and customer-facing reports.
- Identify opportunities for product improvements, process efficiency, cost reduction and automation.
- Stays current on our product evolution and emerging technology.
- Experience in a technical support role.
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism and able to interact with all levels of corporate & client management as well as with vendors.
- Commitment to continuous learning.
- Ability to adjust work schedule and provide on-call support for critical issues.
- Willingness to acquire Microsoft Azure certification within 6 months of hire.
- 5+ years networking and firewall experience desired.
- 2+ years working in a Microsoft Azure a plus.
- College degree in technology or business a plus.